In the year 1965, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) had set up a constituent unit as Trombay Township Project (TTP) entrusting the responsibility of setting up and independent housing complex at Deonar (now Anushaktinagar) for housing its Scientists, Technocrats and staff of various units located in Mumbai. In April 1982 this was constituted as Construction & Services Group (C&S Group) headed by Shri S.N. Narsingha Rao as its Director.Since 1972 the Directorate of Estate Management (DEM) was looking after allotment and maintenance of housing colonies.Subsequently, on 1st July 1996 this unit was expanded to the present Directorate of Construction, Services & Estate Management (DCSEM) by merging the DEM and C&S Group with the additional responsibility of allotment and maintenance of quarters including the custody of DAE lands in Mumbai city.The Directorate of Construction, Services & Estate Management is currently involved in Planning, Designing, Engineering, Execution, Testing and Commissioning of Civil, Public health, Electrical, Air-conditioning and Ventilation works for Housing, Hostels, Schools, Hospitals, Laboratories and various public buildings for units of Department of Atomic Energy including aided institutions and other department such as Science / Electronics, Bio-technology etc. In addition the Directorate is responsible for the operations and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, civil, Estate Management and services for the housing colony of DAE at Anushaktinagar and in different part of Mumbai City.
Projects Under Progress
A) GCNEP PROJECT PHASE II WORKS:
- Construction of Type IIIC, Type IVD, Type VE flats, Substation, Under Ground Tank and Pump House at Township site, Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
- Construction of Central Block, Substation, AC Plant, Under Ground Tank, Pump House and Security Guard House for Academic Campus site, Bahadurgarh,Haryana.
B) TATA MEMORIAL CENTRE WORKS:
- Construction of 100 Bedded Hospital Complex at Aganampudi, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
C) ATOMIC ENERGY REGULATORY BOARD WORKS:
- Renovation and Modification of AERB A & B buildings at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
D) BRIT WORKS:
- Modification, Additions and Alteration of Medical Use Fission based 99 Malibdnum building at ISOMED, BARC, Mumbai.
E) VECC WORKS AT KOLKATA:
- Construction of R & D Laboratory and AERB Eastern Region Office Complex at Kolkata.
- Construction of UGC-DAE-CSR Kolkata Centre Office Complex.
- Construction of Diamond Jubilee Guest House at Rajarhat, Kolkata.
- Construction of building for Radiation Medicine Research Centre at Rajarhat, Kolkata.
F) LIGO-INDIA PROJECT:
- Construction of Project Office Building at Hingoli, Maharashtra.
- Construction of HBNI Hostel Complex for BARC Trainees under Phase I & II.
- Construction of 356 nos of Flats at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
- Extension to Vikram Sarabhai Bhavan Office complex at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
- Construction of 312 nos Type VE flats along with all infrastructure and Development works at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
- Renovation and Upgradation of DAE flats more than 20 years old at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
- Upgradation of Water Supply and Sewerage system for DAE colony at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
- Upgradation of External Engineering services for DAE colony at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
- Infrastructure improvement of Security System (CCTV), Attendance Monitoring System & Security Lighting System at Anushakthinagar, Mumbai.
- Construction of 24 Flats Type IIB for RMP at Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Construction of 48 Flats Type I & II flats for SMF at Chellakare, Karnataka.
Engineering Services Group
The Endeavor of the Engineering Services Group is to provide best possible service to the resident scientific community in Anushaktinagar and other DAE premises located at Mumbai.Engineering Services Group provides regular maintenance to all its flats, offices, schools and dispensaries so as to keep them in good condition.It carries out day to day maintenance, regular maintenance, preventive maintenance and also break down maintenance for all its flats, buildings, substations, power supply networks, street lights, water supply network, sewage disposal and treatment plants, roads, lawns, playfields and general up keep of entire Anushaktinagar.
is entrusted with the tasks of
- The custody and maintenance of land records,
- Inter-action with Municipal & State Authorities on land matters,
- Monitoring receipt of lease rent for the land leased to others, payments of lease rent for the land leased for departmental needs and payment of property taxes.
Is taking care of the task of Planning and Organizing allotment of vacant flats strictly complying the rules and procedures laid down. Maintenance of high level of transparency in the process is the USP for the Section.
Is assigned the task of regulating and monitoring the collection of license fee and other charges from the allottees, retention of accommodation, eviction etc.
Is responsible for-
- Allotment, regulation and recovery of license fee and other charges of shops, banks, Community Centers, Lawns and
- Monitoring compliance of the terms and conditions of such allotment and remedial action in case of violation of Allotment Rules by shopkeepers and also residents.
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved, Directorate of Construction Services and Estate Management.